It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:39 am

Post subject: [PS4] [softlock] Debug room, or something?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:38 am 

So I had just got done killing the Doctor Turret, with the multiple floors. I used Egon's Pride to float my way out of bounds and explore some before I tilted and made my way to the teleporter. After the game loaded the next floor, I spawned in a poorly made room as a spectator. The room's walls didn't really come together very well, and I could see what was in the next room, but couldn't fit through the door. It was a blue room with a shitload of spinbots(?) but I couldn't see much else. The back of the room had a teleporter pad, and the back wall was too far away, so I could squeeze through the floor, and out of bounds. The entire level was just that one room, followed by an exit portal.

Because I was a spectator though, I couldn't do anything except fly around, and press the PS Button to close the game out. Approaching the portal's light did nothing.

It was a great run, too.

Post subject: Re: [PS4] [softlock] Debug room, or something?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi TestSubject06!
I'm sorry for the lost run..sounds like you hit this bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlDromvtJwM

Grip games and I have been trying to figure out what the heck is causing that one..I never saw it before launch, and all I know is that it's on endless mode, in the ToG-O-Drome level (that is a level you can normally spawn in..but you get pushed forward immediately into the arena). The bug seems to be pretty rare...rare enough that Grip can't actually reproduce it yet in order to properly fix it. It is on their list though.

If you see the bug again, I believe the PS4 allows you to 'share' the last 15 seconds of gameplay..could you do so? Any clues we can get about the problem are helpful at this point.

Thanks, and sorry again for the lost run. :-(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:21 pm 

Actually it wasn't an endless run. It was a normal run after a village landing. Unfortunately, I think that widens the scope a bit more for you.

I was going to share it to twitch, but I forgot my login and just stopped trying.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

INTERESTING...I wonder if that's why we haven't been able to reproduce it...Huh. I'll mention that to Grip. It might be a red herring, but given how elusive this bug is, anything helps.

Please let me know if you see it again..and thanks for understanding! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:42 pm 

I am currently experiencing a similar glitch. I was entering the ToG-O-Drome when I appeared in the start room, door already closed and two Dr. Turrets spawned. Babel Gun with Bluegrass, although I don't think that had any significance.
I do have an idea though. The one thing I noticed was that there was no loading screen. It could be a load error, causing the level to load without the player data. With no player data, the location script automatically runs, closing the door and spawning the boss. It then is forced into debug mode due to a lack of a player.
I don't know, maybe I know nothing about this problem, but I'd like to think that my explanation is good enough.
The cause of it may have something to do with Dr Turret.