It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:31 am

Post subject: Feedback, possible bugs and a suggestion =)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:01 pm 

First of all i would like to thank you guys for a fun game :)
I been playing video games since 1983 and always paid more attention to gameplay than stuning visuals or something and what you did here is simple yet nicely executed and very addicting!
Imagine i was playing a game of endless last night and ended up going to sleep at 8 am! :shock: thats all your fault guys! :x :lol:
and here's a couple of things i noticed during that session
1. after collecting a ton of magnet upgrades the magnet stopped working... it was like it reset to its original state :?
2. i was playing for like 2 and a half hours and at round 26 before i decided to call it a day so i just sat there and died but even though i was signed in i didn't get a score and no position in the leaderboards either :(
and here's my suggestion
what i would like to see because during that game i knew i could go on for a lot longer (i had an uber babel and tons of damage multipliers, 28 speed, 20 extra jump upgrades and 21 jump height upgrades making every secret reachable and like 5000 coins) is a way to save & quit and then resume the game from where i left it :idea:
i dont know if i ll ever have a run like this one but it'd sure make it easier to try again knowing there is such an option as right now i don't feel like it in fear i might do well but would have to quit it again for some reason
that's all from me, thank you for your time and keep up the good work

Post subject: Re: Feedback, possible bugs and a suggestion =)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

hi ShinYagami! Thanks for the kind words about ToG! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

As for your issues:
1: Regarding the magnet range...that's a new bug to me. I'll keep my eye on it. It might have been a rare one-time thing, but if I see more reports of the bug I'll ask Grip to look into it. To make things complicated: I do stop any health from magneting into you if you have full health, so maybe that's what you were seeing?

2: Regarding leaderboards: I'm not sure what the leaderboards look like currently, so I don't know if 26 is high enough to get ranked..it seems like it should be, but I don't know. I'll keep my eye out for future reports of this bug as well, and add it to Grip's list if needed. Thanks for the report! As for being able to stop and come back--that's an often requested feature. I didn't build the original game with this in mind, so implementing that might be tricky. It's one of those things that I'll have to keep in mind if I'm lucky enough to build future projects! :-)

Thanks for stopping by and for supporting Tower of Guns!

Post subject: Re: Feedback, possible bugs and a suggestion =)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:43 pm 

hi again

1. thats what i thought at first but no that wasnt it
nothing came towards me but like you said could be a one time only thing

2. i had worst runs recorded up there later so idk what happened and heres one more small suggestion - it would be nice to not just see the score one did but also what round he made :)

i know its hard to save the general state with so many randomly generated stuff but maybe to be able to start from the round you left it or something? :)
well i wish you the best in the future