It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:35 am

Post subject: Bugs, exploits, and suggestions in video form!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:31 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guhdPQQHlV4

It should be noted that the video is addressed to blankslatejoe, so it may be a tad awkward if you're one of the ~7.125 billion non-blankslatejoe people out there.

Post subject: Re: Bugs, exploits, and suggestions in video form!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Hi Bananaz!-- thanks for the video
So the weapon switching exploit is one people have reported..but I haven't quite figured out where in my code it happens. Its been on my list for a long time, but I haven't had time to investigate it again in awhile now.

As for the suggestions, pretty much all of these I totally agree with you on; the better UI scaling on larger resolutions (in the end stats), a better jump indicator, the item charge switching thing (though a better fix would be to prohibit duplicate items from dropping at all), etc. All of those are things I could improve.

As for health--that caps with what you see. You shouldn't have any health bars beyond what's being shown...unless something really went wrong! Likewise, speed caps at 28. Once you get good at endless mode, you frequently can cap out speed, health, and some of the other stats by the time you hit endless lvl.20 or so.

Anyway, yeah, I agree with you on most of these. ToG was definitely a "first project", and while the game is pretty much what I wanted to build there are still plenty of rough edges, amateur aspects, and weird mechanics. It's a pretty good snapshot of who I was a developer though, and I'm looking forward to taking the lessons learned with me into my next project. :-)

Anyway, thanks so much for supporting the game and taking the time to make a video!

Post subject: Re: Bugs, exploits, and suggestions in video form!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:44 am 

blankslatejoe wrote:
Anyway, thanks so much for supporting the game and taking the time to make a video!

Sure thing, man! Thanks for replying!