It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Post subject: Awesome game! Also, I think I may have found a bug...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:15 am 

It's about Hugbot Alley. I have zero hugbot kills but have not been there even once in something like four or five full run-throughs of the game.

When I first learned of it, I deleted my save file, and it appeared every single time after either stage three or four, so I'm assuming it's supposed to always appear when the total hugbot kills is 0. Then I accidentally killed a hugbot, so I erased my file again, but have not seen the level once since then. I've cleared my save multiple times and even reinstalled the game, but still no Hugbot Alley. I'm playing on the Mac DRM-free download from the Humble Bundle 13, if that makes any difference.

Am I missing something, and the level is in fact a random spawn when you have no hugbot kills? If so, I guess I'm just experiencing both extremes of luck. If not, my game broke.

Like I said in the title, this game is awesome, and I will definitely keep playing it either way, but it's such a wacky awesome level, plus the goddies at the end are really nice.

Post subject: Re: Awesome game! Also, I think I may have found a bug...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Hi Bluegrass! Thanks for picking up the game. HBAlley IS random--it's never "guaranteed" (it's about 1/3 or 1/4 chances, irrc) to spawn, but if you kill any hugbot during a run it will NEVER spawn.

You don't need to wipe your save file if you kill a hugbot though--it's only "per run" that matters.

If you're having a bad string of luck, I've noticed though that sometimes quitting out of the game and relaunching it will cause the RNG to re-seed things a little better, which might help you find HB alley again!

I'm glad you're liking ToG--thanks for the support! :-)

Post subject: Re: Awesome game! Also, I think I may have found a bug...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:13 pm 

Okay, never mind then. I guess I was just having ridiculously good luck initially. Thanks for the quick response.