It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Post subject: Berserk/Invulnerable Enemy Bug?!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 pm 

I just encountered a bug so strange that I'm not a hundred percent sure that it isn't a feature!

So I'm playing through with the Nightmare perk for the first time, have a rapid-fire 609mm, and am having tons of fun. The enemies are all champions (obviously) and very hard to dodge. Then I get to a room full of, among other things, Napoleons (or I assume that's what they're called; the regular-mook form of that Grandpa Napoleon boss). I manage to kill them and all their supporting turrets, clearing the room.

Except for one, that is.

That's a screenshot afterward. Here's what happened:

I was flying through the air, busily blowing up Napoleons. So you know how they blink red when they're about to die, at low health?

One of them suddenly STAYED red.

The thing was fast as heck, maybe even faster than a normal champion Napoleon, I'm not really sure. What I was sure about is this thing was INVULNERABLE. It shrugged off dozens and dozens of shots without even blinking, while its compatriots around it fell to only a few strikes. I fought and fought with this thing; you can imagine my surprise.

After a few minutes of struggling to survive, I'm not sure what happened -- whether it timed out, or something else hit it, or it seemed to run into one of the demotivational jellies in the room -- but the red color vanished and it went back to its usual champion green (above screenshot). It was STILL INVINCIBLE, but very slow-moving and somewhat slow-firing too, like it had been downgraded from champion status in all but appearance. I have the game on pause right now; I can hit this thing with as many bullets as you can imagine, but it doesn't flash or blink. It just stays alive; I can't hurt it, but it can sure hurt me.

Hope this helps one of you devs in debugging, but even if it doesn't, I hope you enjoyed the crazy story. I'm going to unpause my game, keep playing, and hope the thing doesn't follow me into the boss room. :)

Post subject: Re: Berserk/Invulnerable Enemy Bug?!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

Huh...i'd heard of the invincible enemy bug...and thought I'd fixed it in 1.14 or 1.16 or so..but I've never heard of a champion mob DOWNGRADING itself. Weird! Thanks for the report!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:32 pm 

Forgot to mention that I was in the latest version that was out at the time I posted that, too; I double checked after it happened to make sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

thanks!:-)

I'll have a look to see if I can figure this one out..