It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: BugThread v1.0e: First Public Release Bug Report Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:07 pm 

DeltaV wrote:
Alright, found myself a rather serious bug.
I was doing an endless run, and I was doing pretty well, because the shrapnel trumpet's projectiles are equivalent to pocket nukes. So after the second final final boss, I landed in the foyer.

With a speed of 0.

Wow, dodgy!

Just another question, did you have a health bar, HUD, weapon model etc?

There's an old old bug where you would spawn and either be 'dead' or locked to the ground and unable to move.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:59 am 

Nope, everything else was still there.
In retrospect, I should've tilted. Still, it's a bug that needs stomping.

EDIT: Aaaaaand I just found the biggest hole ever. Foyer, first room with the door to the next room on the left, accessible via stairs. Look up at the door you came through. Gigantic hole, can't miss it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

hm...that's a concerning bug..I've seen similar problems where the game will do funny things to movement/guns, but I've never quite been able to reproduce it reliably enough to figure out where the problem is.
As for the hole in the foyer, that's an easy one. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 am 

I always wonder how development with UDK goes - never worked with it. But if they don't provide you with the source, you are pretty much unable to fix certain memory corruptions that might be the cause for random and unexplainable bugs as this one seems to be. Which is again just a shot in the dark that comes from that stinging pain of working 10 years on the Descent engine.
Still, if you go with a UDK update, Joe, which seems to have an improved memory footprint, that may fix such things as randomly as they appeared.... OR introduce new ones.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:57 pm 

So, I think I might just have found the cause of parts of the Eggscrambler boss desyncing. Probably not, but even if it isn't it's a minor bug that needs addressing.

I noticed in the Sanctum, sometimes the spinning thingers with spikes on them would stop spinning. It appeared that pickup drops were causing this.

Now, the Eggscrambler's first phase has these targets that drop health pickups. What if they collide with the spinny parts, and make the spinny parts desync?

EDIT: Also, with exception of the Nightmare perk, I have never seen any green elite enemies in any stage other than the foyer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:48 am 

I found an annoying bug: i got killed and the death animation played But the death screen didnt appear i tried to alt+f4 But that just made everything green and ctrl+w didnt work. And the game was still running and i could turn around with the mouse. I tried to open the task manager to close it But when i opened it ToG turned black and filled the entire screen so i couldnt click anything. The only thing working was the Windows 8 start menu. I ended up turning off the computer to close it. It did save that i unlocked a new weapon.

Sorry for bad english and autocorrect

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:09 pm 

DeltaV wrote:
I noticed in the Sanctum, sometimes the spinning thingers with spikes on them would stop spinning. It appeared that pickup drops were causing this.

Now, the Eggscrambler's first phase has these targets that drop health pickups. What if they collide with the spinny parts, and make the spinny parts desync?

EDIT: Also, with exception of the Nightmare perk, I have never seen any green elite enemies in any stage other than the foyer.

Yes, loot will stop spike rollers from spinning, not sure about moving ones. I was capping the spinning spike wall boss because what it was doing was on boss death all the drop would fall in from of the rotating spike wall... then get gathered up and swept away. Basically impossible to get. :( Not sure about smaller ones.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Elite outside of Foyer, but the chances are very low, so you might see perhaps one per game, if that.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:57 am 

Yay! Update happened!

And I already found a bug, a pretty big one too. I was busy with my endless run, got the smoke shifter, got excited and hoped for perhaps a trip to the battlements, when suddenly:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045744966/screenshot/576771193938212676

In case you can't see what is wrong with the picture, I am in logistics on stage 3. Stage 3 is not supposed to be logistics! Silly game.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Hm..that's interesting. You CAN skip ahead to logistics in certain situations...did you go through the foundry/gWorks and battlements/warehouse stages like normal?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:53 am 

I believe I went through gearworks. Nothing special happened on the level (aside from me getting the smoke shifter). Not battlements/warehouses though. Which was what peeved me off so much because I just attained the ability to fly around like a madman.

EDIT: Managed to replicate the bug somehow. This time I was using the party gun. Yknow, the new one. The reason I had it because I accidentally grew a hat :(
Though the hugbots have them too now. It looks silly.
That's beside the point though. The fact that I skipped the 3rd level again with a hidden gun might suggest there is a connection between the two.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next