It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Post subject: August 16th build READY TO GO!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hi All!

The new Tower of Guns build is now LIVE! It's a large update so there are bound to be some wrinkles. As with any technology,  the longer this new stuff is in the build the more kinks I'll have worked out....and there are going to be a lot of kinks.

This update takes the game up to 42% complete.

Major Changes since the last build:

[*]Persistence is now unlocked and you can move on to either the "Foundry" or the "Gearworks" levels. From there you can move on to the Logistics level. The game ends at that point. Only the Foyer and the Foundry have random levels built so far. The other two only have one string of rooms.
[*]There's a new 'Endless mode'. The game cycles back to the "Foyer" if you beat "Logistics", but it *should* get harder and harder as you go...I can't it past 7 or 8 stages myself.
[*]There are a slew of new enemies, a handful of new items and a couple of new gun mods. There are also a few new/revised perks and some new guns you can unlock.
[*]Lots of mobility tweaks: faster, snappier movement!
[*]New options: volume, gamma!

Here's some known issues:
[*]Difficulty is a little all over the place. This should improve as I make new bosses and new shuffling levels/population around a bit.
[*]New stages don't have shops in them yet. (You can still technically find a shop randomly spawning at a secret though)
[*]The new purple "Energy turret" doesn't stop firing its last shot after you kill it.
[*]Explosion SFX volume still gets really really loud in hectic firefights.
[*]Some of the dialog stubs are a little inaccurate now—referencing 5-room-gauntlet and 'a demo' (this isn't really a demo anymore, after all)
[*]The collection screen doesn't seem to record when you've picked up certain items. This screen needs a lot of work in general
[*]There's still no 'win' condition in the game, so any guns/perks reliant on that criteria are still not-unlockable
[*]Some people are still reporting installation and first-run issues.

If you have NOT pre-ordered, feel free to at www.towerofguns.com. The game still has a lot of development time left to go, but you can get a good taste of where I'm going with it even now.
The next build update is scheduled for: The end of September 2013.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: August 16th build READY TO GO!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:04 pm 

I have yet to play the 'hard hat' build, but from what I have seen of this game from youtube and trailers and things, it looks amazing. It's crazy that one person made this, it looks better than lots of AAA titles. Hopefully you can make it onto Steam, and good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:25 pm 

Nice going there!

How do I update my version if I did already pre-order it? The whole thing is a bit puzzling to me..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

oh, you just have to log into humblebundle.com, or look for your original purchase/order email--that should have the download link (or alink to your humble dashboard) for you! let me know if you have trouble

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:22 pm 

Ah that works, thanks you for the reply very much. Did not think about this since I don't think I ever really signed up there but with the mail it worked.
I'm not partial of cell shading but this looks fairly good. Better than "Wrack" anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:13 pm 

hello mister Joe.
i would first like to say thank you for creating such a wonderful game. and that i am very grateful toy uor creativity.
I bought the game when it was 26% complete and jumped straight into it and enjoyed it so very much.
but now due to the recent update, my build remains the same. there is nothing on your website for me to update, and i foolishly deleted the email with the purchase information.
(i also didn't have a humble bundle account at the time either)
is there any way i can possibly update the game? or will i have to wait until its released?

:oops: :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 am 
Site Admin

axelandroman -- do you remember which email address you used to purchase with? If so, let me know: Humble has a recovery tool I'll can try and use to recover your download key. :)