It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 pm

Post subject: Youtube video posting permission?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:33 pm 

Joe, I'm a huge roguelike and FPS fan and this game is the best idea ever.

I'd love to show folks a few playthroughs of Tower of Guns on my youtube channel (JoeHillsTSD), but because I'm a YT partner, I need permission from copyright holders before I can upload anything that contains their content.

My format is family-friendly gaming commentary that combines my southern charm with my book-learnin' at university.

I know you're in the greenlight voting process, so I'd be happy to include a Greenlight link in the description of each video.

I'd also be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Also, I wasn't sure if it would be okay to link my channel directly, but it's JoeHillsTSD if you'd like to look it up. Anyone other than you can safely not look it up at this point because there's no Tower of Guns content yet (but hopefully soon!).

Thanks so much for your time and for your effort on such a great concept!

Joe Hills
Nashville, TN

Post subject: Re: Youtube video posting permission?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Joe--and any other youtubers looking to monetize with videos of Tower of Guns:

Yes, you can absolutely do videos of Tower of Guns. I think what you youtubers are doing for games is awesome and amazing and if I wasn't making games then I'd be right there with you guys making videos! Additionally, I think Let'sPlays and similar videos offer a better representation than any review in whether or not someone will enjoy a game...so definitely go for it!

Please link to http://www.towerofguns.com (where viewers can buy the game) or the steam page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/266110)
Also, feel free to tag me in any twitter posts you make promoting the video. I'm @blankslatejoe on twitter!

Have fun!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:31 am 

Thanks, Joe! The first video is live at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmoC31mVpfA and covers my first few playthroughs! I had a blast!

I plan to assault the untoppled challenges and unlock the other guns over the course of the next few days, and I'll be sure to send you new video links as I have them! I hope the footage helps with development in some small way, because this project has a ton of promise!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear it. Also, I'm glad you caught the TMNT reference. :-)

Regarding perks ...don't try too hard:
Since there's only one stage unlocked, it means you can't advance to stage two--which means that the '...in a single game' or 'win the game with...' type of unlocks are, well, impossible in this build.

I thought I change the text for all these to 'not available'....but I forgot. :-(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:06 pm 

Hey I just came from the Greenlight SuperStream with this same question!

I'm glad you guys are open to Let's Players and I will be sure to mention what you've listed above!

I've played quite a bit of Paranautical Activity so I feel like this will be a great addition to my channel.

Keep up the good work, I'll be sure to post any feedback as well! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:30 am 

I picked this game up after seeing a youtube video first look.

I like the aesthetic of the game and it is indeed quite fun to play. Since you requested that links be sent to you for videos so you may watch them

http://youtu.be/MSRiozLOWMI

I'm not certain if I will be posting more videos or not but I will definitely be playing more of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:29 am 

blankslatejoe wrote:
Hi Joe--and any other youtubers looking to monetize with videos of Tower of Guns:

Yes, you can absolutely do videos of Tower of Guns. I think what you youtubers are doing for games is awesome and amazing and if I wasn't making games then I'd be right there with you guys making videos! Additionally, I think Let'sPlays and similar videos offer a better representation than any review in whether or not someone will enjoy a game...so definitely go for it!

However, there are three caveats:

1: Please please please stress that the game is still in development. It's got a long way to go still, and I don't want to mislead anyone about what state it's in.
2: Please link to http://www.towerofguns.com (where viewers can buy the game) and the Greenlight page (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /132007077) where they can vote.
3: Please send me a link so I can watch it! Either a post here in this thread or shooting me a message on twitter (@blankslatejoe) both work great!

Have fun!

I've just started up an youtube channel, as I can't rely on dropbox always being available, and it's a more accessible medium for most people.

It won't be monetized, and I have taken into consideration your points above. There's lots of attribution to you and to direct further interest to the appropriate places.

How do you feel about me using ToG assets for the channel header?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:49 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
How do you feel about me using ToG assets for the channel header?

Go for it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:32 pm 

I'll see what I can hack up. ;)

Blankslatejoe, with my channel, it's public at the moment, so I will be removing videos as bugs demonstrated are resolved, etc. Or would you prefer that I have them held as private videos (like dezm0nd's) so they can be linked from this forum for anyone that reads it, but not discoverable from google/youtube search?

I'm aware that focussing on ToG's flaws is not particularly good PR, plus I'm encoding fairly harshly atm as I'm more interested in showing the issue with minimum overheads, not showing ToG at it's best.

I plan to do some videos to showcase gameplay in the future, once I get past this bug testing phase, and then I'll be spending more time on the quality of presentation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I dont mind you having these bugs on a public channel--I don't want to pretend that the game is bug-less or anything...but you're probably right that it's better PR to just drop links to private vids in here like Desm0nd does. But if you don't I'm not gonna be bummed or anything. Either way I gotta get used to not always seeing the game in the best light on youtube, because I'm sure there will be more critical/negative videos made of the game's faults sooner or later.