It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Post subject: How I Found TOG
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:46 am 

I thought it might be helpful for you to know how people were hearing about your game, especially since you seem to be sinking some time into marketing according to the dev blog.

I found out about TOG from Joystiq's "Indie Pitch" segment. I was drawn in by your explanation of the game and the "coolest aspect" paragraph. I also felt a bit of a gamer connection as we grew up on the same games and I also made some horrible mods and levels as a kid (but for Doom). What sold me, however, was the embedded Youtube video from Meroka. I immediately loved the graphics and about 60 seconds into actual gameplay I closed the video and bought the game. I appreciate your commitment to openness and look forward to following the development of the game!

Post subject: Re: How I Found TOG
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much uofalangston! Yeah, the game is still early, but I'm glad it shows off decently :-)

I probably would have gotten into Doom modding if I'd realized it was an option--if I remember correctly, but that was pre-internet for me. I got Dark Forces and the family got a 14.4 internet connection right around the same time. Didn't take long after that to find mod communities. :-)

Those were the days!

Anyway, thanks for preordering! I look forward to giving you more to play!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:36 am 

I found out about it from PennyArcade and later found out that I actually could preorder it from Destructoid.

The moment I heard Rougelike Quake I was sold. :) As an avid modder and Quake fan myself I am working (very slowly) on my own Quake inspired game. There needs to be more of these games again since most FPS games these days are just pseudorealistic shooting galleries.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:02 am 

oh, it was steam greenlight) i seen video from the game and was delighted!
i thought "I'm waiting for this game for a long time". Yea, it will be a great game!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:54 pm 

Bit late to the party, but may as well keep this thread going, because it's nice to know how people found this game so early in it's development

I found this game through none other then Joe... Hills, JoeHills. When he put up his first video of it, I took one look, and was impressed. It was (As described above) a very Rouge-like Quake game, and hearing that what I saw was the pre-alpha, and it looked that amazing. I researched it and decided to pay right then and there because it seemed to have potential

First play through had me frustrated though, game is definitely in development, but I still load it up every couple of days or so to have a play through or two.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:08 pm 

Why the Greenlight SuperStream from Robotloveskitty hahaha

And I'm glad I did!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:55 pm 

I actually found out about this game from a video game streaming website called Vinesauce. I first head it from one of their Youtube videos, and then I watched one of the streamers play it. My hype built as soon as I watched the player jump about the room, shooting giant bullets and constantly collecting more and more powerups. I thought it was even cooler when he started giving out keys for the game on Steam.
I eventually broke and bought the game, and ave sunk hours upon hours playing it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:05 pm 

Bumping old thread, but it was a friend from high school who told me about it
[url="http://www.igamiing.com/racing-rivals-hack-cheats-tool/"]Racing Rivals Redeem Codes[/url]
Glad he did tbh