It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Post subject: This Game
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:27 am 

I honesty don't know how to describe it. I saw a trailer a few months ago for an upcoming game called Tower of Guns. It was said to be released on the Playstation 4 as well as other consoles. It had been available on the PC for quite some time and I couldn't believe I had never heard of it before. As I was browsing the Playstation store one morning, I came across a name that looked familiar. It rang a bell in my mind as I quietly said the name out loud. I instantly downloaded it not expecting much, but I needed something to play due to Bloodbourne being the only other game I had. As expected, my first run abruptly came to an end at stage three, though, where other experiences would lead me to instantly quit and never touch the game again, I didn't this time. I wasn't angered by my death, I was excited. Excited to see a new line of dialogue, excited to see an entirely different level layout, excited to use the Portable Pizza Oven over the Peas-n-Carrots pistol this time around, excited to see what other weapons I could obtain. I was hooked, but this was a different game for I wasn't excited to play a good game, but I was excited to play a truly great game again.

I'm glad this was free because if it weren't, I may not of ever started playing it, but I would of rather paid for it. Honestly, I can't stop playing, and being ranked 132nd in the world on Endless mode I want to be better at it. The weapons are all unique (Mini-LHC being my personal favorite), the music is great and fits the game well, the perks offer more difficult or easier fun ways to play whilst still making it fun. The Uber win is a fantastic idea and the bosses leading up to the final fight were all a blast and made me very excited to see what I were to get for my efforts. Then it dropped. Shotgunified. It completely took me by surprise because of how powerful it was. I was in love, and from Stage 2 all the way to the Tower Heart, it carried my and I was sad to realize that I wasn't playing on Endless :lol:.

Anyway, I just wanted to get my feelings for this game out there. Thank you Joe along with everyone who helped out. I believe you are all truly talented and love what you. I had a few questions though, for anyone who can answer them. First, how in the hell do I find the 15 badges? What determines your overall score on the leaderboards because my highest stage # is 35 but my score is 38,633 so it can't be determined by what stage you make it to can it? Is there any possibility of an FOV setting in the future? The game doesn't have multiplayer so there wouldn't be an advantage if it were to be implemented. Lastly, I have to know if there will be content updates in the future? I love this game and I was just wondering if there would be new bosses, guns, modes, ect. Sorry for the long post, but I do hope to post more of my experiences here. Thanks for reading!

Post subject: Re: This Game
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:44 am 
Site Admin

Wow..thanks Frizzy! That's such a wonderful post. It made my day!

To answer your questions:

First, how in the hell do I find the 15 badges?
--that was glitched on the PS4 release. We just released a patch that should fix it! Endless mode makes that a lot easier.

What determines your overall score on the leaderboards because my highest stage # is 35 but my score is 38,633 so it can't be determined by what stage you make it to can it?
--It's a combination of level reached AND money!

Is there any possibility of an FOV setting in the future? The game doesn't have multiplayer so there wouldn't be an advantage if it were to be implemented.
--I think for consoles this is less likely, mostly because the performance concerns once you get a bit wider on FOV.

Lastly, I have to know if there will be content updates in the future? I love this game and I was just wondering if there would be new bosses, guns, modes, etc
--Well, I've got another project taking up all my time right now, so I'm focusing on that for now:-)

Thanks again for the kind words!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:52 am 

Oh please, thank you for making this game! Thanks for reading and replying to my post. I'm really excited to see what you do next and I hope everything works in your favor in the future! I just received the 15 badges perk so the patch worked haha, but I never would've guessed that money would tie into your over all score! Well, the more you know :). As for the FOV, I could see how that could create problems. I guess that's why so many console games don't have an option to change it, but it is fine to not have one. I still love the game! And then there's the content, which is in bountiful supply right now, is just fine by itself. No worries for future content because I understand that there's more to do in what I'm sure is a busy life. Thanks again for the reply and I'm humbled to know I could make your day! That means a lot and I'm just happy to play your game. Thanks and good luck with your future projects!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 pm 

Nailed it on the head dude, im in the same boat as you! 194th on endless mode for PS4 and still have so many questions! Im at 92% complete but i strive for 100% props for all the hard work on making a great game! Also please fix the tog-d-drone and doom balls!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:31 pm 

Definitely agree with fizzy. Such a good game. And that was an awesome surprise at run 50! :D