It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 am

Post subject: Xbox One misleading advertising.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:12 pm 

Hey, first of all I am enjoying Tower of Guns. It's a decent game for when you feel like playing something where you don't have to think too much. My issue is with the description for tog on the xbox store. The relevant bits of the description that are misleading in my opinion are:

- "...grab a rocket launcher, slap a shotgun modifier on it."

This leads someone to believe that the game allows customization of weapons, when it is clear that is not the case.

-"Hundreds of weapons."

Maybe I'm crazy, but i only see 10 weapons that can be used.

And there's a couple other statements that more or less say similar things. As fun as the game is I feel that the parts of the description are very misleading. Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe future updates will add more content.Please respond.

Post subject: Re: Xbox One misleading advertising.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Guardian!

Thanks for the kind words about the game--and thanks for picking it up. I really appreciate you coming here first for a chance for me to respond directly too. :-)

So, I agree with you about the "hundreds" line being worded oddly. Grip Games, the Czech team that helped me with the port and published the game to consoles, wrote the store bio (based in part off of what I'd written for other storefronts). I have a note out to Grip asking them to change that particular line, but they've been busy working on a patch for some perk/trophy issues. I'll send them a reminder though.

I think Grip's intent with the line was that the "Hundreds of weapons.." line is intended to refer to ALL the relative stuff in the game collectively, not just weapons..(the line in its entirety reads as "Hundreds of weapons, mods, abilities and perks", which can be interpreted in multiple ways, now that I look at it again!).

Regardless, I'm with you there. I'll send that reminder tonight. Oh, There are indeed more than ten guns (there are a lot of secret/rare/hidden ones). Not HUNDREDS though.

As for "...grab a rocket launcher, slap a shotgun modifier on it," that's been in my store descriptions from the beginning, and I stand by that one.

Here's why: While the player's choices are limited by what you can find in the level (so, no, it's not "free-form customization", nor did I intend for it to be interpreted that way) that flavor text seemed to me like a good way to allude to the gunmod system in the game. The Babel Gun Rocket Launcher+Shotgun Mod is pretty ridiculous, after all. Discovering those gunmod+gun pairings can be half the fun for players. I do think you could make a pretty good argument that these gunmods are more rare than they should be though..especially if you haven't seen one yet...but I do feel the text is faithful to the game here.

But yeah, I'll send that reminder to Grip about the "hundreds..." line. Thanks for the feedback, and thanks again for supporting the game! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:27 pm 

No, thank you for replying and giving a thoughtful and detailed response. I just found out about the hidden weapons, which makes me want to play TOG even more to try and find them haha. And I'm glad you agree about the "hundreds of weapons" thing. The mod part, I can see what you meant by that now. I'm glad I used the $12 of xbox rewards funds I had towards your game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:31 pm 

Oh, and tell your brother great job on the music. It really stands out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks! Will do! :-)