It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 am

Post subject: Cheat codes! Post 'em here.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:21 pm 

Known cheat codes I've been able to parse out of the console (~) button so far:

Fly (self-explanatory)
Ghost (no-clip)
Walk (to return out of Fly/Ghost mode)
LevelWeapon (levels up your weapon)
God (godmode, won't lose hit points. Note that you WILL lose XP on hits still, though!)

---

Anyone figured out how to use GiveItem or any other commands in interesting ways yet? I really enjoy playing with the weapon Ol' Painless, but it's a friggin super-rare drop. :(

Anyway, post your cheat codes here!

---

Cheating your way to an Uber-win: At the last level-exit, use Ghost to go through the back wall, a short distance behind is a secondary exit that leads to the (real) last stage, where you get to fight The Maw.

Post subject: Re: Cheat codes! Post 'em here.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:28 pm 

Oh, and in the level where you're mostly outside the Tower of Guns in the tunnels? Ghost up and out and fly alllllllllll the way up to the very tippy top of the tower for a smorgasborg of power-ups and a special silly developer's message.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:41 am 

Bahumat wrote:
Oh, and in the level where you're mostly outside the Tower of Guns in the tunnels? Ghost up and out and fly alllllllllll the way up to the very tippy top of the tower for a smorgasborg of power-ups and a special silly developer's message.

I've actually been able to climb it with a lot of jump heights++ and extra jumps :P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:21 pm 

blankslatejoe's actually disabled the console (boo hiss!) so this isn't possible anymore... unless you apply Überhacks...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, I just disabled it by default and added a little toggle in the options. gives it a bit of a cleaner presentation :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:25 pm 

blankslatejoe wrote:
Oh, I just disabled it by default and added a little toggle in the options. gives it a bit of a cleaner presentation :-)

Thanks blankslatejoe, mucho appreciated !

Not a hack, but STAT FPS is a nice one to use so you can keep an eye on your FPS.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:35 am 

You can use "SetSpeed XX" to change your walking speed.

But that's not what I wanted to say! If you think the top of the tower would be a huge secret, you didn't even SCRATCH the surface of the secrets in this game. :D

You can get there without cheats btw. I had around 10 increased jump high and 20 extra jumps and the flying for 10 seconds item. On your way to the top you get one additional pile of stuff and developer commentaries like "what are you doing outside?" The "hallway" without walls on the sides always has a pipe near to it to jump on, be careful as alot of things out there have wrong colission detection, the developer commentary when you get on the first pipe outside states that, too.

There is another, far more interesting secret on the "outside of the tower" level, too. Using the "no fall damage" perk you can jump down and actually change the level to "the village". You get some developer commentary talking about how you may have used the no fall damage perk and fell of the tower. You get some boni there and sometimes a new weapon AND after finishing the village (which has no enemies but is still kinda large) you start at level 1 but with alot of changes, different enemies, different difficulties, droprates and you can keep everything you collected so far. You might even get some more developer commentary on the final boss. ;) Who knows? ;)

And those are just the secrets for ONE level. I already found some "uber secret" rooms (you get a popup message similar to the secret found messages, but it states that it is an uber secret) and alot more developer commentary. I don't think there is anything you can only reach with cheats. (like in the elder scrolls or other games, where you got those developer islands which insult you as a cheater when you fly/clip there :D) But there are alot of places you can only reach with tons of jump upgrades and some nasty tricks with some items. Unless there is one in the warehouse level (you can't see far enough to know if there is a room far in the distance) I couldn't find anything I didn't already see on my runs. There may be some special levels like the "you are playing for the 10th time, here, have some items for your next run" if you do specific things. (maybe 1000th time has something? hope the developer will tell us if there are more of those special places) Some levels have a second exit which leads to special levels, too. ;) Like the last level in story mode which leads to the maw. That's not the only secret exit. But the others are alot better hidden (like the village level).

I hope the developer will tell us how many secret levels there are and if there is any kind of "developer room/level" in the game. I would really like to know if it's worth searching for it. :lol:

Btw, the ending of the "brother mike" plot is hilarious! :D It makes fun of the randomness of the plots for this game. Especially if you go to "the maw" at the end. :D :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:57 pm 

Any chance someone has figured out if there is a "give gun" cheat? I've tried a lot of console commands without any luck and would really like to do a full run with some of the secret guns. :<

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:14 pm 

I have found two cheats.
As previously Listed you can use SetSpeed XX to set your speed.
You can also use SetJump XX to set your jump force.

Also, on the Battlements level, you can see the actual tower of guns. If you fly to the top using the fly or ghost cheat, you will find a small platform filled with powerups. You also get a neat message, but that secret goes to may grave. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:19 am 

In Endless, you can also climb the Tower legitimately if you collected enough jumps and jump height upgrades. :)