It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:58 am

Post subject: Personal fanbase thanks to ToG!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:43 am 

So recently while at college and having nothing to do, I am playing ToG on my laptop.
My laptop isn't great at all, but I manage to play with 40-50 FPS still, so I am satisfied :D

But the last few times while playing people were starting to gather behind me, looking at me playing ToG.
People being people, the group started to grow and grow, and now I have a small fanbase of people who are actually asking me to play some more if possible! :D
Obviously I use those moments to be a shameless marketer and try to promote ToG as much as possible, and I think some people will get a copy on release!
A win-win situation for both ToG and me, I think!

Can't wait for the launch!
Good luck Joe! :D

Post subject: Re: Personal fanbase thanks to ToG!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

hah! That's awesome!
Well, I certainly appreciate the marketing support. I think that's going to be ToG's biggest hurdle-just getting it in front of eyeballs. Even steam doesn't guarantee visibility these days, so I really have no idea how well the game will fare....

Post subject: Re: Personal fanbase thanks to ToG!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:00 pm 

blankslatejoe wrote:
hah! That's awesome!
Well, I certainly appreciate the marketing support. I think that's going to be ToG's biggest hurdle-just getting it in front of eyeballs. Even steam doesn't guarantee visibility these days, so I really have no idea how well the game will fare....

I think the best way is to get something gaming-wise to promote it. Start small and build your way up.
After all, I found this game through the Vinesauce stream, and I bet a bunch of others have too. It's stuff like that that draws attention.