It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:31 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Having Trouble Installing? This is the help thread for y
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:20 am 
Site Admin

no worries! Sorry it was giving you troubles!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:37 am 

I can't even install this game. I bought version from indiegamestand (600MB installer).

It's allways same, i run instaler (doesn't matter if normaly or run as administrator, it's same) and message that Net framework 4 is already installed will appear. Only thing i can choose is close. After that appers message saying that windows will be restarted and windows are really restarted.

But after restarting the installer automaticaly starting again and doing exactly same things i wrote up here. Again, again and again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:43 am 

Oh i forgot one thing, i have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hm..that sounds pretty unfortunately. My apologies for the hassle. Did you try and run the installer with the -progressonly shortcut fix in the first post? This *sounds* like it might be the kind of thing that fixes that.

Also, have you run OTHER Unreal3-based games like Borderlands, Bioshock 1 or 2, Mirror's Edge, or Spec-OPs the Line?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

Also, you can try manually installing the .net framework here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30653

I wish there was a more graceful way to handle that--it's a limit of the particular UDK build I'm using it seems. Fortunately, once you install that once, all future builds of Tower of Guns should install just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:03 pm 

Yes, I tryed that parameter too, but it had no effect.
I also installed and uninstalled many Unreal Engine 3 based games on this system during this year and I have already installed framework 4.5. But i never had problem like this.

I will try manualy reinstall dotnet first.

EDIT: I chose repair Framework 4.5 and it works now. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

Weird---but I'm glad it worked out for you!

I'll add "Repair Framework 4.5" to the first post in this thread for future people.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:32 pm 

I recently installed the game and much to my dismay, the game can't achieve higher than a single digit framerate. I know it isn't my computer and I know it isn't my drivers either. My specs are

AMD HD 7950 3GB
AMD FX8350 4.0 GHz 8-Core
8 GB of RAM

Since there aren't many graphics options or any configuration settings, I have no idea exactly what to do about this. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

hm..that's a pretty solid machine, Anarki. It seems like you shouldn't have much issue running the game smoothly...but I haven't had a whole lot of AMD users test the game yet. Can you run Borderlands,Spec Ops the line, Bioshock infinite, or other Unreal based games without problems?

Also, have you restarted your machine recently? It seems that has caught a few people.

Secondly, there is a .ini file in InstallDirectory>UDKGame>Config> called UDKengine.ini...that has a lot more options to fiddle with. (If you need to reset those, you can delete anything with UDK in the front and itll regenerate next time you run the game.)

Thirdly, and I just learned this right now this is the one that worries me the most, is that AMD and PhysX might not play well together (at least..according to this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/39690 ... lands-7950) . I'm not sure how best to help with that, as that would put all the work on the CPU.

If the game is still performing crappy after a reboot, and you have the time, could you try running the game and hitting cnt/alt/del to bring up the task manager to check the GPU/CPU usage? Additionally, after you quit the game, can you post some of the autogenerated log file? It's located in InstallDirectory>UDKGame>Logs and is simply called launch.log. That might help me see if there's something specific that's being tripped on your machine.

Sorry about the hassle. I wish I knew better how to deal with the problem.

Post subject: Game is installed correctly but won't launch
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:06 pm 

I installed the game multiple times and even on different computers but when I try to start it I get an error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." I've spent hours trying to fix it but nothing works.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next