It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Post subject: Game Installs and runs fine, but crashes on Subsequent runs.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:15 pm 

I recently bought the game off of GoG, and am running version 2.028. The first time I run the game, everything works just fine - a little agreement dialog box pops up, I accept, and can play the game normally for any amount of time. Once I exit and try to enter the game again, however, the launcher pops up, sits there for a little while, and then Windows says "BUILT WITH UDK has stopped working." Could it be related to the dialog box that popped up before?

Curiously, I tried reinstalling the game and it actually worked just fine the first time again - still crashes if I run the game a second time after installing and running once. It's a bit of a hassle to uninstall/reinstall each time I want to play the game, and was wondering if there is a setting I can change in a .bin or .ini file somewhere that might fix it. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Game Installs and runs fine, but crashes on Subsequent r
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hm...it sounds like youre having troubles with the Unsetup.exe file. A number of people have had issues with that particular file over on GoG. I've got a variant of it here you can try:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/180 ... nSetup.exe

You can place that in the Towerofguns>binaries> folder (backup the copy of Unsetup that is there) and it might skip the issue. Hopefully that does the trick--Let me know if it works for you!

And thanks for picking up the game :-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 pm 

I have been having this same problem for awhile now, and have been going back and forth with GOG support. Should have just came here. After updating everything I could think of, this solved my problem. Thanks for the fix, and the great game

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:55 am 
Site Admin

your welcome kingbill!

Also, the newest GoG update *should* have that version of the unsetup.exe file included.