It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:54 am

Post subject: Unable to redeem Steam key (IGS)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:10 pm 

Hi Joe!

I tried posting this already but I guess I pressed cancel instead of Submit...d'oh!
Anyway, first of all congratulations on going gold! I hope your launching on Steam brings you in a bazillion sales :D

Unfortunately, after learning your game made v1.0 by the email through IndieGameStand I was unable to redeem the Steam key I got. It just tells me "Duplicate Product Code". I can provide the key if necessary but it's probably not a good idea to post it in public (I guess?). I tried double checking if it had redeemed it to my steam account anyway, but search as I might, it's simply not there. It's a shame too, because I love the idea of this game but kinda stopped playing after a couple of updates in early access (because I had to redownload every time).

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Sincerely,
Aldert

Post subject: Re: Unable to redeem Steam key (IGS)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Aldert,
Thanks for supporting ToG! I saw you posted twice--it just took me a few hours to get back to my desk in order to approve the posts (first posts take approval ,you should be good now). I deleted the other post in favor of this one!

Anyway, that's pretty weird about the steam key redemption. Do you share your IGS wallet with anyone? Also, if you pm me your email address that you used for IGS I can ask the ISG guys to check in on it.

-Joe

Post subject: Re: Unable to redeem Steam key (IGS)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:26 pm 

Haha... Yeah, I sure feel silly! I thought I had somehow messed up the posting of the topic, totally looking over the message that new topics need to be approved! Sorry about that!

I definitely do not share my IGS wallet/account with anyone though. But I did have the same worry so I changed my password and made sure my system is secure (malware/trojan/anti-virus scan, etc). Moreover the weird thing is several other games that I hadn't redeemed on Steam yet redeemed without issue.

I've sent you a PM with my email and the key in question. Let me know if you need anything else, and thanks for looking into it!