It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:47 am

Post subject: Re: Tower of Guns on Mac
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:46 am 

whosrakim wrote:
Im not quite sure what u mean by drop console. I tried typing those commands into command prompt. But I don't think that's what u meant.

Ah, to get the console, just press tilde ('~' in the top left corner)

You can then type all kinds of commands to change how the game works.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:26 am 

Yee thanx for the tip, got it working and saw a performance increase of about 10-30 fps. Definitely anticipating that guide u may be working on. And definitely a useful tip for anyone trying to optimize ToG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:49 am 

blankslatejoe wrote:
Also, disabling post process suggests that its SPECIFICALLY pixel/shader complexity that is taxing to your card, rather than drawcalls or triangles. That's good to know, I guess. Does the game performance dip a lot when using the mine-gunmod for you?

It doesn't feel too loaded up. Checking a demo there's an increase in load, but no more than going into a fairly big fight.

Yeah, it was a good card for it's day, but as soon as you start asking for DoF, blur, occulsion, MSAA, it starts to cry. It has a lot of fill rate. I should try unlocking the FPS and see how far it goes. On my super-tweaked Team Fortress 2 it can deliver 250-330fps in glorious Lego* vision. In like an 8-bit colour palette.

Edit: Actually answered the question.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm 

One last question sarge, is there a way to keep the show postprocess command in effect rather than having to type it in every time I load up ToG?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

hm..not really--but I do have options for many of the things it toggles on/off in the upcoming build. IF you're interested in trying that build early, send me a PM. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:30 am 

whosrakim wrote:
One last question sarge, is there a way to keep the show postprocess command in effect rather than having to type it in every time I load up ToG?

As blankslatejoe says, not really. I suppose you could somehow set up to autoexecute, but in the next version coming, you'll be able to change of lot of these in-game and have them persist anyway.

For more extensive tweaking, you need to edit the config file.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:32 am 

Tower of Guns is a fast paced shooter for the twitch gamer... really like to play this game please give me some details how to play this game.